Evaluating Performance Based Navigation and Accelerating Development of the National Air Transportation System
“Moving into the mid-term, the FAA proposes ‘best-equipped, best-served’ priority to operators, offering incentives to early adopters of NextGen avionics.”
- FAA 2009 NextGen Implementation Plan
Performance-Based Navigation (PBN), comprised of Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Area Navigation (RNAV), is a vital component of the FAA’s NextGen air traffic modernization plan; a plan that will dramatically re-define and improve the efficiency of air transportation in the United States.
Consequently leading airlines and operators in the U.S., as well as overseas, are now equipping their fleets in preparation for NextGen and the transition from ground based radar surveillance to the more advanced and more efficient space-based GPS system.
NextGen is on schedule to come online in 2025, and leading airlines are already testing and taking advantage of the benefits and value presented by RNP – greater navigational accuracy, superior fuel efficiency and greater environmental sustainment through dramatic emissions reduction.
Despite the potential of PBN, numerous hurdles must be cleared before airlines, operators and the FAA can fully capitalize on its benefits; something that all of the stakeholders want to achieve as quickly as possible.
In response to these paramount challenges, Aviation Week is pleased to present RNP & NextGen, an interactive, event focused on case studies that showcase proven, real-world PBN success strategies and applications.
Learn how to Capitalize on the Benefits and Value of RNP:
- Improve collaboration between the FAA and industry to speed NextGen development
- Develop new non-overlay air traffic procedures that will deliver improved performance at new airports and runways
- Achieve greater navigational accuracy
- Gain clear understanding of the FAA’s mid-term priorities
- Learn the FAA’s incentive strategy on “Best Equipped, Best Served” and how it will impact your operations
- Understand RNAV/RNP performance, approval and equipage requirements
- Calculate total value, cost-savings and financial impact of PBN to your flight operations
- Utilize PBN to dramatically reduce carbon emissions and meet pending emissions restriction requirements
- Evaluate test flight results and data to demonstrate ROI
About Aviation Week Management Forums
Aviation Week Management Forums are designed to provide you with — not only the latest, best practices, innovations and tactical processes — but a highly interactive information exchange and networking event designed to allow both attendees and speakers to benchmark processes, exchange best practices and forge valuable new relationships that will last long after the forum itself has concluded.