Setting Priorities - Implementing Capabilities - Delivering Benefits
Agenda Update Alert: click for more info
One of Aviation Week’s core missions to better serve aviation and aerospace professionals is to Simplify & Integrate. Simplify the information overload in your daily professional life and integrate for higher value, return. For Events, that means optimizing the experience through the careful balance of efficiency, your budget and the knowledge and actionable insights you bring back to your workplace.
With this as a foundation, it’s no secret that Next Gen ATM is one of the many programs whose funding is being affected by sequestration. We all know how vitally important it is for this program to move forward now and remain on schedule - for passenger safety, fuel and aircraft efficiency, and airports handling increased capacity.
We are committed to moving forward with this industry-leading event, and responding to the topics and tracks you are most interested in. Due to overwhelming responses to the following topics, they have been converted to plenary sessions:
- ADS-B – due to the impact of the upcoming Iridium NEXT satellite launches, Sat-Com session has been integrated into ADS-B
- UAS Integration & Implications
- Data-Comm – latest program updates and progress
We look forward to you attending, as together, we bring a fact-based, actionable sense of urgency to stakeholders in the Beltway…and around the world.
Aviation Week Events
Join leaders from airlines, government agencies, and industry providers for in-depth discussions and critical facts and data to move NextGen forward! NextGen Ahead offers a unique chance for the industry to gather and discuss impact and strategic and operational implications. This year we will focus on functionality, achieved results, and decision factors into next steps.
Back by popular demand in 2013:
- NextGen Showcase: Find the right solution provider and services for your needs. Take the guesswork out of the vendor selection process and make smart investment decisions that produce immediate results∑
- Aviation Week & Space Technology Distinguished Service Award presentation by the Flight Safety Foundation
- Interactive Workshops: Drill down into GPS interference and security, finding the balance on mixed equipage, changing roles of NextGen funding and financing, and tablets in the cockpit
Rob Maruster is JetBlue’s Chief Operating Officer, responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of the JetBlue experience on the value carrier’s 800 daily flights throughout the Americas.
Mr. Maruster oversees the Operations team, comprised of Airports; Flight Operations (Pilots); Technical Operations (Maintenance); as well as Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, and System Operations Control. He also oversees JetBlue University, the airline’s award-winning training arm. In addition, he is a member of the federal NextGen Advisory Committee (NAC) and chairman of the board of the American Red Cross of Greater New York. See the complete agenda.
Michael G. Whitaker, Deputy Administrator and Chief NextGen Officer, FAA, will offer the opening address on September 10 in Washington DC.
Whitaker is responsible for helping to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the largest aerospace system in the world.
Aviation Week Events in collaboration with the FAA, brings you their newly released report.
Please click here to access the NextGen Implementation Plan, 2013